July 21, 2023
How To Pay For Hair School
Choosing a profession in which you can truly have an impact on the daily lives of people can be a dream come true. At Hair Arts Institute, we work to enhance the abilities of our students so that they can turn their dream of beauty into reality.
We understand that one of the primary concerns for students is how they will pay for it. No one wants to take on a financial burden that they don’t feel like they can handle. In this blog, we will explore various options and strategies to help you navigate the financial aspect of attending beauty school!
Research Financial Aid Options
There is a common misconception that federal financial aid programs are only available to those who attend a traditional 4-year college or university. This is just not accurate. The reality is that the government can offer both grants and loans to those who intend to use that money to go to a trade school. Here are a few of the types of programs that are available for those seeking financial aid:
- Direct Subsidized Loan – This is a loan program that is available to students with financial need. Currently, students can receive up to $5,500 per academic year. All that you need to do is fill out a FAFSA form and submit it to demonstrate your financial need.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loan – This type of loan is available to students who need additional financial aid. The important thing to remember about this is that a student can receive up to $12,500 per academic year. This type of loan accrues interest but has more flexible terms and a broader reach. That is to say that there are more people who are qualified for this type of loan.
- Federal Pell Grant – This is one form of funding that one can receive that they don’t have to pay back at all. The amount that one can receive in Federal Pell Grant money changes each year, but the total for the 2022-2023 academic year is $6,895.
- State Aid Grants – Some states offer grant programs on top of the federal grant programs that one can apply for. It is essential to make sure you reach out to state officials within your own state to see if these programs exist where you live and what you need to do to qualify for them.
These options are all great choices for those looking for the funds necessary to pay for beauty school. Explore which ones can work best for you, and remember that you can apply for a combination of these programs.
Create a Financial Plan
It is best that you have some kind of financial plan set up to pay for your schooling. You don’t want to get too far ahead of yourself until you lay out a plan for how you will pay for your schooling. People can get themselves into trouble when they don’t form a concrete plan for how they will pay for school. Luckily, you already know that you need a plan, and you have information about some of the resources you can tap to pay for your education.
Calculate the Total Cost of School
It is best for you to calculate the total cost of school semester by semester. You should calculate a total rundown of what kind of costs you are looking at so you can know how you will afford it. Compare the cost per semester against the total amount of money you have available at this time. Then, determine what the gap is between those numbers and which resources you need to take to close that gap.
Saving And Budgeting
Saving money and budgeting wisely is a fundamental aspect of paying for beauty school. Start by creating a realistic budget that outlines your monthly expenses and identifies areas where you can cut back. Consider reducing discretionary spending on non-essential items and prioritize saving for your education. Additionally, explore opportunities to save on textbooks and supplies by purchasing used or renting them. By adopting a disciplined approach to managing your finances, you can make significant progress in funding your education.
Financial Aid Application Tips
When applying for financial aid, whether it’s scholarships, grants, or loans, it’s important to approach the process strategically. Here are some helpful tips to increase your chances of securing financial assistance for your beauty school education:
- Start Early: Begin your financial aid journey as soon as possible. Many scholarships and grants have early application deadlines, and the process of gathering documents and completing applications can take time. By starting early, you give yourself ample time to research and apply for various financial aid opportunities.
- Research Thoroughly: Take the time to research and explore all available financial aid options. Look into scholarships offered by beauty schools, professional associations, local organizations, and national foundations. Check if there are specific scholarships or grants tailored to your field of interest within the beauty industry, such as hairstyling, makeup artistry, or esthetics.
- Seek Professional Guidance: Reach out to the financial aid office at your beauty school or consult with a financial aid advisor. They can provide valuable insights, answer your questions, and guide you through the application process. Additionally, consider attending financial aid workshops or webinars that provide information and tips on securing financial assistance.
- Meet Deadlines: Mark application deadlines on your calendar and ensure that you submit your materials ahead of time. Late submissions are generally not accepted, and you don’t want to miss out on valuable financial aid opportunities due to procrastination.
Get Started With Us!
While financing your education may seem challenging, there are various avenues to explore and strategies to employ. So, take the first step, and reach out to us today! We are more than happy to help answer any questions you have regarding *financial aid, our programs, or anything else. We can’t wait to hear from you!
*Financial aid only available to those who qualify